Meatless Monday: Three Bean Chili
Mondays don’t have to be long and dreary anymore – our new meatless recipe will brighten your day and open your eyes up to a whole new world of food!
Today’s weekly statistic comes from the Meatless Monday website:
“Red and processed meat consumption is associated with increases in total mortality, cancer mortality and cardiovascular disease mortality.”
And now, as promised, it’s time for our weekly recipe. We hope you see that vegetarian meals can still be hearty and delicious when you try out this three bean chili!
Three Bean Chili
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup pre-chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pre-chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan; saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in 3/4 cup water and next 9 ingredients (through diced tomatoes); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir in cornmeal; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
Recipe originally posted by CookingLight.
Enjoy your day of being meatless!
Peace Grl Out!