It’s Monday again!
Are you worried that giving up meat will mean less protein in your diet? Fear not! This week’s recipe includes the super grain of the future! Quinoa is one of the most protein rich foods out there; it is a complete protein with all nine essential amino acids.
Recipe and photo posted by Real Simple.
Zucchini With Quinoa Stuffing
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
4 medium zucchini
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup almonds, chopped (about 2 ounces)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 cup grated Parmesan (3 ounces)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the quinoa and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Arrange in a large baking dish, cut-side up.
4. Fluff the quinoa and fold in the beans, tomatoes, almonds, garlic, ½ cup of the Parmesan, and 3 tablespoons of the oil.
5. Spoon the mixture into the zucchini. Top with the remaining tablespoon of oil and ¼ cup Parmesan.
6. Cover with foil and bake until the zucchini is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
Pay It Forward!