Meatless Monday: Macadamia Nut Pesto Fettuccine
It’s Monday once again, so you know what that means… time for another delicious recipe and fact about how eliminating meat can help the world around us.
According to a United Nations report in 2006, raising animals for food generates more greenhouse gases than all the cars and trucks in the world combined.
To help decrease greenhouse gases, why not try this tasty pasta dish below?
Macadamia Nut Pesto Fettuccine
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh fettuccine
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons roasted macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, place basil and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine basil mixture and pasta in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
Recipe originally posted on Cooking Light.
Peace Grl Out!