Center For Living Peace

Good Happens

Live Peace with V-Day

“When we give in the world what we want the most, we heal the broken part inside each of us.”

-Eve Ensler

Eve Ensler, author of The Vagina Monologues, is a playwright, performer, and activist. She received the Isabelle Stephenson Tony Award in 2011 which is awarded to a member of the theatre community  who has devoted their time and effort to a humanitarian cause or organization. After the success of The Vagina Monologues, which was performed in over 140 countries and translated into 48 languages, Ensler founded V-Day, a movement which aims to end violence against women and girls worldwide. V-Day proclaims Valentines Day as a day to celebrate women and work to end violence but extends far beyond the holiday, with multiple growing efforts to spread awareness through art to create social and culture change. As part of the movement, participants can organize a variety of benefit performances including a production of The Vagina Monologues, screenings of V-Day’s documentary, Until The Violence Stops, or workshops for men to include them in the conversation to end violence towards women. All V-Day events donate 10% of net profits to the V-Day Spotlight Campaign and the remaining 90% to local organizations working to end violence against women and girls.

To organize your own V-Day event, attend a V-Day eventdonate to the cause, or to receive updates from the V-Day newsletter, visit the V-Day website.

Good Happens.

Peace Grl Out!

Advertisements

Single Post Navigation

One thought on “Live Peace with V-Day

  1. Pingback: Freedom begins with “V” « clearskies, bluewater

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: