Meatless Monday: Watermelon Gazpacho
Happy Monday! A recent study from Imperial College London also found that reducing overall meat consumption can prevent long-term weight gain. Improve your health by reducing your meat intake and having at least one vegetarian meal per week.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 6 cups coarsely chopped seeded watermelon
- 5 ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 rounded tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup whole toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- 1/4 sweet white or red onion, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- Blend 2 cups of the watermelon in a blender until liquid. Add the rest of the watermelon, the tomatoes, paprika, garlic, almonds, balsamic vinegar, and chipotle sauce and blend until smooth. Transfer the soup to a bowl and taste and season with salt.
- Chill for an hour before serving. Garnish with a spoonful of the onion and cucumber dice.
Recipe originally posted on Lucid Food.
Peace Grl Out!