Meatless Monday: Roasted Pumpkin Coconut Soup
Happy Monday! As usual, we bring you a meatless recipe that can help your help and reduce your footprint on the globe!
Here’s a sprinkle of health to top off your holiday festivities. Add this pumpkin coconut soup to your holiday spread!
Roasted Pumpkin Coconut Soup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp chilli powder
- ½ Tsp cumin
- ½ Tsp nutmeg
- ½ Tsp thyme
- 3 Cups Low Sodium chicken Broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 Cups Pumpkin Puree (I chose to roast 1Kg/2LB of pumpkin)
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a rimmed baking sheet, add diced pumpkin and sprinkle with olive oil
- Roast for 40 minutes in a 375F oven
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium high heat
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add spices and cook for about a minute, stirring until combined
- Add broth and pumpkin, combine using an immersion blender until a smooth consistency is achieved (about a minute)
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes
- Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper
- Remove from heat. Serve with warm, buttered crusty bread
Recipe originally by Lovely Pantry.
Peace Grl Out!