Meatless Monday In Honor of Chef Jeff: Cranberry Relish
We are so excited to announce a new series of classes with Chef Jeff!
On Thursday, January 10th, Chef Jeff will present The Art of Preserves! Keep an eye out for Chef Jeff classes each month starting this January!
In honor of our new Chef Jeff class, this Monday we bring you a vegetarian pickled recipe! Try it with a tasty sandwich or for the holidays – it will keep in the fridge for up to 2 months!
Cranberry Relish (Pickle)
- 2cup fresh cranberries cut in halved
- 2 chopped green chili adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoon shredded ginger
- 2-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds ground (rai)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds crushed (saunf)
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- In a glass bowl mix all the ingredients.
- Heat the oil moderately in a small bowl, add asafetida and pour the oil over the cranberry mix, and mix it well.
- Keep the relish in a glass jar or glass bowl.
- You may serve this same day but it taste batter after it has marinated for a day.
- Cranberry Relish can be made in large batches; it has a long shelf life.
- This can stay out at room temperature for a week or refrigerate for about 2 months.
Recipe originally posted by Manjula’s Kitchen.
Peace Grl Out!