Meatless Monday: Roasted Figs and Honey
Searching for a light and meatless snack? Look no further. Here’s this Monday’s delicious meatless recipe.
Roasted Figs and Honey
- Fresh figs with stems
- 2 tablespoons fresh, flavorless cooking oil
- Fresh roasted hazelnuts (and/or pistachios and walnuts—see bullet point above), roughly chopped (allow 1 teaspoon per fig)
- Chèvre, Gorgonzola or mascarpone (optional, 1 tablespoon per fig)
- Varietal honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Clean and pat dry figs, retaining stems.
- Toss figs with oil place upright in a baking dish or on a baking sheet with a lip. Roast for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and quarter as shown in photo. You can cook the figs a day in advance, but bring to room temperature before serving.
- Using a melon baller, fill the center of each fig with a scoop of cheese; or, serve cheese separately.
- Plate by creating a small pool of honey; place the fix on top of it. Drizzle a very small amount of honey on top of the fig. Scatter nuts around the fig.
Recipe originally posted by The Nibble.
Peace Grl Out!