Meatless Monday: Roasted Sugar Pumpkin and Collard Crustless Quiche
Happy Monday! In the spirit of eating less meat and helping reduce our footprint on the planet, here is a tasty meatless recipe to try!
Recipe & photo originally posted on Manifest Vegan.
Roasted Sugar Pumpkin and Collard Crustless Quiche
- 1 small sugar pumpkin (5 to 6 inches diameter), de-seeded and quartered + a touch of sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 block (15 ounces) extra firm, well drained and pressed tofu
- 1 cup finely chopped collard greens
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 scallions, sliced into rings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F and place the pumpkin onto a baking pan cut side up.
- Sprinkle gently with sea salt and then flip over so that the flesh is facing down.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the baking pan and bake for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, or until the flesh of the pumpkin is tender.
- Let cool completely, remove skin, and cube into small pieces.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 350° and lightly grease a standard sized pie pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the besan, 1 cup water, 2 teaspoons salt and baking powder until very smooth.
- Crumble in the tofu and, using a spoon, stir well to combine breaking up any large chunks of tofu.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients and bake in oven for 70 to 75 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or cold.
Pay it Forward!