Meatless Monday: Glazed Butternut Squash with Sage & Toasted Pecans
As always, we bring you a tasty meatless recipe for your enjoyment. Eating even one meatless meal per week can help reduce your environmental footprint, and is healthy, too!
Recipe originally by Eat Yourself Skinny.
Glazed Butternut Squash with Sage & Toasted Pecans
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp. sugar in the raw
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- In a large 12-inch nonstick skillet, toss together butternut squash, apple cider, water, honey, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to just a boil, then cover and reduce heat allowing everything to simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes until liquid has thickened and the squash is tender.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and add chopped pecans, sage and thyme.
- Mix together and serve immediately.
Pay it Forward!