Meatless Monday: Baked Eggs in Tomato Cups
Why not start your day with something healthy and delicious? Here’s a breakfast recipe that puts a flavorful and creative twist on scrambled eggs.
Recipe and Photo by Eat Yourself Skinny.
Baked Eggs in Tomato Cups
- 4 large tomatoes
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper or coat dish with cooking spray.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the tops of the tomatoes, about a 1/2 inch, and reserve them for your presentation.
- With a spoon or melon baller, gently remove seeds and inner membrane, being careful not to break through the flesh of the tomato.
- Place tomatoes in your dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide corn among tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide egg mixture among tomatoes and top with cheese.
- Bake until egg mixture is set, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve with tomato tops and enjoy!
Pay it Forward!