Meatless Monday in Honor of Chef Jeff: Cold Fruit Soup
Welcome to this week’s Meatless Monday post!
This week’s recipe comes to us from Chef Jeff! His next event, The Art of Cocktails, is coming up this Thursday, April 25th! At the event, you can learn how to make your own bitters and mixers to spice up your cocktails.
Cold Fruit Soup is very nutritious and refreshing. It works throughout the whole year and you can vary the recipe as you’d like to use fruits that are currently in season!
Cold Fruit Soup
3-4 lbs of fresh ripe fruit
(In Summer: peaches, plums,
In Winter: citrus, strawberries)
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 tbsp brown sugar
Dried fruit or nuts to garnish
1. Wash and dry the fruit.
2. For stone fruits like peaches, carefully cut in half from top to bottom. Remove the pit.
3. Dice into chunks. For melons or citrus remove or cut away the skin, remove seeds and cut into chunks.
4. Using a food processor or blender, purée the fruit until smooth.
5. In a small bowl combine the yoghurt and brown sugar.
6. Divide the soup into bowls, garnish with a dollop of yoghurt mixture and dried fruit or nuts.
Pay it Forward!