Meatless Monday: Avocado-Mango Salsa with Roasted Corn Chips
It’s Monday! That means another tasty meatless recipe to try!
Each week we like to highlight a healthy recipe. This week’s has avocado, which MyRecipes calls a good source of potassium, fiber and monounsaturated fat! And on top of that, it’s rather delicious, too. Yum!
Recipe found on My Recipes. Photo by Randy Mayor.
Avocado-Mango Salsa with Roasted Corn Chips
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cups chopped peeled avocado
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Coat wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt evenly over wedges. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, avocado, mango, chopped cilantro, and juice, tossing gently. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with chips.
Pay it Forward!