Meatless Monday: Mouth-Watering Stuffed Mushrooms
Guess what’s around the corner? I know you haven’t forgotten. With this mushroom featured appetizer, you can wow everyone at the Thanksgiving dinner. Just be sure to make enough for everyone!
This recipe comes from the ever amazing AllRecipes.com, where you can also find many other vegetarian recipes for a healthy, yet hearty, Thanksgiving dinner.
Mouth-Watering Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 Whole Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
See the original recipe and more here!
Pay it Forward!