Meatless Monday: Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Paprika
This year, make a resolution to eat healthier! Meatless Monday is a great way to be healthy!
Brussels sprouts are high in fiber, Vitamin C and contain cholesterol-lowering elements. When cooked with the right techniques, Brussels sprouts can be quite tasty as well! Follow the recipe below from The Bored Vegetarian for irresistibly crispy Brussels sprouts:
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and cut in half (save the leaves that fall off – they get crispy and delicious!)
- 1-2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp Frying Oil
- Shredded parmesan (for a non-vegan twist!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss brussels sprouts in olive oil in a baking pan and season with salt.
- Roast on the bottom rack of the oven until al dente (about 15-20 mins depending on your oven).
- Mix together the paprika, garlic powder and some salt.
- In a pan, heat up frying oil until about 375 degrees (I just tested a couple of leaves once I thought it was hot enough). Add roasted Brussels Sprouts and begin to fry. Once they begin to brown, sprinkle with paprika mix and turn to get all sides.
- Once nicely browned, remove sprouts from pan and drain on a paper town or brown paper bag. Season to taste with salt (or sprinkle with parmesan). Serve hot.
Pay it Forward!