Meatless Monday: Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings”
With the Superbowl fast approaching, you may be attending a viewing party or hosting one of your own! Either way, the best way to enjoy a football game, or any type of gathering for that matter, is with some wings.
Follow the recipe below, originally from the curvy carrot, for a healthy, vegetarian way to provide these for your guests and friends!
Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings”
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
For serving: Blue cheese dressing, celery, carrots, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, flour, and garlic salt, whisking until mostly smooth (it’s ok if there are a few lumps left).
- Gently place the cauliflower in the bowl and lightly toss to completely coat with the buttermilk mixture.
- Place the cauliflower in a shallow baking dish and bake for about 15-18 minutes or so (watch it, it may start to brown up quickly on you.)
- Meanwhile, combine the buffalo sauce and the melted butter in a small bowl.
- Carefully remove the hot cauliflower from the oven and pour the buffalo sauce mixture over it, stirring gently to coat it as best you can.
- Return the cauliflower to the oven and bake for another 5-8 minutes or so. Let cool slightly and serve immediately.
Pay it Forward!