Meatless Monday: Grilled Zucchini Nachos
It’s Monday and there is nothing better than starting your week with a healthy snack.
This simple recipe for grilled zucchini nachos would be a great way to start the day!
Follow two peas & their pod for the recipe below.
Grilled Zucchini Nachos
- 4 small zucchini, sliced into “chips,” about 1/4 inch thick rounds
- Olive oil, for brushing zucchini chips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped, seed removed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- Put the sliced zucchini chips into a large bowl and toss with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place zucchini on a a grill pan or directly on a hot grill, over medium heat. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle cheese directly over zucchini chips and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Remove zucchini from grill and place on a platter or onto plates. Top with black beans, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve immediately.
Find more great ideas at the original post on two peas & their pod.
Pay it Forward!