Meatless Monday: Vietnamese Dessert Soup with Mung Beans
Happy Monday! As usual, we’re sharing a new meatless recipe for you to try! Check out this recipe for Vietnamese Dessert Soup with Mung Beans. It is one of the most popular dishes in Vietnam and can be served hot or cold.
Follow the recipe below from thekitchn.
Vietnamese Dessert Soup with Mung Beans
- 1 cup dried mung beans, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- Drain and rinse the soaked mung beans.
- Place beans and 5 cups water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, add sugar, and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer until beans are tender, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Turn off heat and stir in coconut milk.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for at least an hour.
Find more recipes on thekitchn.
Pay it Forward!