Meatless Monday: Strawberries, Peaches, and Basil with Orange Vinaigrette
Winter can be a bleak time for some, between cold, dry weather, less sunshine, less time being active and outdoors. Many even suffer from different levels of seasonal depression and lose motivation. But you can get a wide variety of fruits in winter season, with most of them rich in Vitamin C to help you fight against cold and flu. These healthy fruits in season help your immune system during winter.
Follow CookingLight for the recipe below.
Strawberries, Peaches, and Basil with Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 large ripe peach or nectarine, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 15 minutes).
- Add oil and salt to pan, stirring with a whisk. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Combine berries and peach in a large bowl.
- Add juice mixture, stirring gently. Sprinkle with basil.
- Serve within 20 minutes of preparing for maximum flavor and optimal temperature.
Find more great ideas at the original post on CookingLight.
Pay it Forward!