Special Post: Culinary Internship Available
Calling all fans of Chef Jeff’s classes! Chef Jeff is looking for an intern to help with preparation, set up, and clean up!
The internship information is as follows:
Essential function: To assist Chef Jeff Venier and Center for Living Peace (CLP) staff in the development, preparation, execution and marketing of food classes as part of the CLP course offerings. This internship will provide you with experience in food preparation, cooking techniques, and assistant teaching with people of all ages in a supportive classroom environment. You will also gain knowledge of and access to local farmers, the fresh produce sold, as well as the satisfaction of knowing you are helping others in your community lead healthier lives. For ages 14 and over.
- An interest and ability to learn more about food and cooking
- An ability to assist in the preparation of food for classes (cutting, slicing, etc.)
- An ability to interact with class participants, encouraging their growth
- An ability to assist with the set up and clean up for the class
- A desire to help others in your community eat more healthy, home-made meals
- Work with Chef Jeff and CLP staff on marketing strategies for classes
- A passionate interest in food (experience with baking, cooking or growing food a plus!)
- The ability to follow directions based on verbal directions and demonstrations
- The ability to prioritize tasks
- A positive personality with a willingness to help others
- The ability to be organized, punctual, and meet deadlines
Time Commitment: Must volunteer at least 8 hours every 2 months. Shifts are generally 4 hours long and take place on Thursday nights. Program and event schedule will be provided to interns.
Sound like an internship opportunity that is up your alley? Submit your name, phone number, and resume (optional) to Chef Jeff Venier at jsvenier(at)gmail(dot)com!
Pay it Forward!