Meatless Monday: Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
Spring has finally come and there is no better time than to have some delicious creamy tomato tortellini soup! You can enjoy an appetizing meal with the benefits of meatless ingredients.
Follow twopeasandtheirpod for the recipe below.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (32 oz) container vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 (9 oz) packages fresh or frozen cheese tortellini (we use Buitoni)
- Grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, for garnish, optional
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the bay leaves and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir in fresh basil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves from the pot. Use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup (or carefully transfer soup to a blender to blend and return to the pot). Stir in the Greek yogurt until well combined. Stir in the cheese tortellini and cook on medium-low until tortellini is cooked, about 7-8 minutes. Serve warm.
Find more tasty recipes on twopeasandtheirpod.
Pay It Forward!