Meatless Monday: Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Pancakes
Happy Monday! With our Meatless Monday recipes, we hope to encourage you to practice healthier eating and also learn about the benefits that come with a vegetarian diet.
This week, we’d like to share this recipe of lemon poppy seed yogurt pancakes! Adding some zest and yogurt will leave pancakes with a fluffy texture and a tangy taste!
Follow the recipe below from twopeasandtheirpod.
Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, lemon juice, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Heat a griddle pan or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 of a cup of pancake batter onto the hot griddle pan, spacing out the pancakes a few inches from each other. When the pancakes start to bubble up, flip and cook until pancakes are slightly golden brown. Serve warm with butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, or jam-if desired.
Find more recipes on twopeasandtheirpod!
Pay it Forward!