Meatless Monday: Brown Butter Gnocchi with Spinach and Pine Nuts
Though this Meatless Monday recipe is light, it packs a flavorful punch that will make you forget that there is no meat!
You can find the original recipe on Myrecipes.com.
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts to pan; cook 3 minutes or until butter and nuts are lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Add gnocchi and spinach to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Note:Prepare a quick salad to accompany the gnocchi: Combine 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add 6 cups gourmet salad mix to bowl; toss gently to coat. Sauvignon blanc will pair enticingly with this dish.Good Happens.
Pay it Forward!