Do you smell those wood chips burning? Do you hear the kids playing outside? You should, because Summer is here once again! With another summer, comes another reason to fire up that grill and have a pleasant get together with your friends and family. Tantalize their taste buds with this delicious and easy grilling recipe the next time they come over!
Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Portobello mushrooms are not only delicious and easy to grill, but they are also very high in Vitamin D (and when you expose them temporarily to the sun, the amount of Vitamin D actually increases!). Portobello Mushrooms have also been found to decrease the incidence of breast cancer in women, and bolster the immune system!
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the mushroom caps (smooth side up) in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the mushrooms and let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or so, turning twice.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Brush the grate with oil (so the mushrooms don’t stick!). Place the mushrooms on the grill, and save that delicious marinade for basting. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until they feel tender. Brush the mushrooms with the marinade frequently.
- Top with cheese and other burger toppings! Get creative!
Pay it Forward!